Learn how to apply as a:
START dates for 2018 are June 11, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22, and 25.
Students must register for a date to attend.
START (STudent advising, registration, and Transition) is a one-day program that first-year students are required to attend. At START, first-year students and their families will receive information about attending UW-La Crosse and academic advising to assist students in selecting their first-semester courses. Students will register for their fall classes at START.
To request disability accommodations (accessible seating, interpreting, closed captioning, large print materials, FM systems, etc.), contact Michele Nauman at email@example.com or 608.785.8062.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no 'best' date. Select a date that works in your schedule and allows you to spend the entire day with us. We have steps in place to open seats in classes throughout the START dates to ensure a wide variety of classes for all students to select - including those attending the final days.
START Sign-up Process
- Admitted first-year students for fall and summer who have submitted the $100 enrollment deposit may sign-up for a START Date
- Students will be able to sign-up for a date to attend START after reading through the mailed START Program.
- Prepare for signing up for a date by ensuring you have access to your WINGS Student Center.
- If you have lost your access information to login to WINGS, please reset your password.
- Date sign-up occurs on a first-come, first-served basis, and dates will close when we reach the maximum number of students we can accommodate.
The date will appear under the START link in your WINGS Student Center.
Attending START is required. Sign-up for a date as soon as you receive the mailed packet, because this will offer you the largest selection of dates.
We will mail Placement Testing information to all admitted students at the end of February.
To make sure we receive your scores in time, take the Placement Tests by June 1.
While we welcome family members to this event, only you (the student) are required to attend.
- Read through all mailed materials prior to signing up for the event.
- Sign up for a START date.
- Take Placement Tests before May 31.
- Read through the mailed materials again before attending event.
Looking for more ways to prepare for START? Visit: www.uwlax.edu/prepare.