Faculty research grants
UWL provides Faculty Research Grants on a competitive, peer-reviewed basis to eligible faculty and academic staff. The term "research" is meant to denote investigative activities, i.e., scholarly efforts to advance knowledge, increase skills, and improve understanding in any academic discipline. Proposals clearly designed to improve instruction on this campus will not be considered for funding by these grants.
Deadline: Proposals (Grant Proposal Reports from Digital Measures) due to email@example.com on the fourth Wednesday in October by 4:00 p.m.
Fall 2017 Deadline: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
- Miss the workshop? The presentation has been uploaded to the ORSP Workshops webpage .
- Documents you will need to upload into Digital Measures:
- Proposal narrative, followed by your CV(s) in one document/pdf
- Budget - if you make changes to the budget template, please be sure to verify the formulas. IMPORTANT NOTES:
- This is a universal budget template.
- Not all categories listed will be allowable for Faculty Research Grants.
- Please refer to the RFP for allowable expenses.
- Budget narrative
- Having trouble with the grant submission process? Please scroll to the bottom of the screen for an instructional video.
- The uploading process is demonstrated first in the video.
- See minute 5:33 in the video for a demonstration of generating a grant proposal report.
- Information for chairs: No signatures are required.
- PIs should provide you with their proposal so that you may review it.
- If you approve, communicate your approval (verbally, email, etc.) to the PI.
- When they upload their proposals, PIs will initial to indicate you have approved.
- When they submit their proposals, you will be copied on that email.
- If you receive an email for a proposal that you have not seen and/or approved, you may contact ORSP at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that the proposal be withdrawn from consideration.
Plan now to present at the next Faculty Research Day! Requests for presenters will be sent via email. Faculty Research Day 2018 will be held January 19th.
Please email email@example.com or call 608.785.8007 if you have questions.