International Scholarship grant
The ISG - International Scholarship Grants program exists to help support the internationalization of the university. Successful proposals will support research and other scholarly projects that are international in scope and have the potential to transform the applicant’s research. One of the primary outcomes associated with the grants is the support of travel costs to present research at international venues. However, UWL employees may submit proposals associated with conducting scholarly endeavors abroad and/or enhancing their professional development in a manner that maximizes the interaction between faculty/staff and the host culture/community. Proposals must be approved by the department and dean and demonstrate that the university will realize tangible benefits. The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse is a leader in global education within the University of Wisconsin System. Through institutional partnerships and other scholarly activities, university faculty and academic staff are connected with other universities and organizations throughout the world. International experiences bring the world to the classroom, enhance research, and assist in preparing students, faculty, and staff in becoming global citizens for the 21st Century. UWL's International Grants was created in 1999 to facilitate and support international activities.
- Deadlines: first Monday in October, February, and May* of each year to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Funds awarded during the May review will not be available until after July 1st.
- Application/ Narrative Form
- University Assurances Compliance
- Compile your grant in Digital Measures using the "Manage Internal Grant Proposals" function. It is located at the bottom of the function list.
- Run a report which will yield a document (usually a pdf). If you are having difficulty with this step, please see the video below. The "run a report" step is at the 5:33 mark.
- Email the report as an attachment to your Dean / Division Head at least one week prior to the deadline.
- After their review, Deans / Division Heads will submit the report to email@example.com. Only grants submitted by Deans / Division Heads will be considered for funding.
If the proposed project involves the services of University personnel overseas, the PI/PD should submit an informational copy to the Director, Office of International Education.
Other International Grants:
- Conducting of research, scholarly, or creative activities in international locations - see Faculty Research Grants
- Development of faculty and staff-led programs (e.g., scoping visits) or faculty exchanges- see International Program Development Fund Grants