Skip to main content

Accessibility menu

Skip to main content Skip to footer

MN Reciprocity

A page within Cashier's Office

The states of Wisconsin and Minnesota have entered into an agreement concerning reciprocity for students from one state taking courses in the other state without having to pay non-resident tuition.

Minnesota residents must file an "Application for Reciprocity Fee Status" prior to the start of classes. You should only have to file this application once during your time in attendance at UW-La Crosse, as long as you have no break in attendance.  If you transfer from another school, you will be required to reapply for MN reciprocity.

For more information including an application for reciprocity go to Choose the year you will be attending school. The applications for the upcoming academic year should be available in March. 

The Fall term is the start of an academic year while the Summer term is the end of an academic year.  For example, if you want reciprocity benefits for the 2023 fall term, 2024 winter term, 2024 spring term or 2024 summer term, you will complete the reciprocity application for the 2023-2024 academic year. 

DEADLINE:  The application deadline is the last day of classes at UWL for the benefits requested.  Applications are not processed retroactively by the state of Minnesota.