Welcome to the Business Services office at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. We are committed to providing exceptional customer service to all members of the campus community. Business Services provides support services in such areas as general accounting, grant accounting, financial reporting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. We look forward to working with you.
Our office hours are 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Travel and e-Reimbursement Highlights
Year End Travel Reminders
- FY16 funds can be used to purchase airfare and registration fees for conferences held prior to October 1st.
- Purchase of ‘early bird’ registration fees for conferences after September 30th are allowed provided the ‘early bird’ offer expires in FY16.
- Purchase of ‘first come first serve’ registration fees for conferences after September 30th are allowed if attendance is limited. The conference registration materials must clearly note this and must be submitted as documentation for e-Reimbursement.
- To ensure reimbursement in FY16, submit complete e-Reimbursement requests timely.
- Please refer to the Business Services, Budget Office, & Facilities Management Deadlines for FY2016 Guide
Business Services e-Reimbursement Training Sessions highlight travel policies, walk through e-Reimbursement, and provide answers to your questions. To register, please email BusinessServices@uwlax.edu.
- All expenses must be submitted in e-Reimbursement by the traveler to the traveler’s supervisor within 90 days after the expense or trip completion date.
- All travel expenses for one trip are to be reported on one travel expense report in e-Reimbursement for a full accounting of the total cost of the trip, regardless of payment method(s).
- All University sponsored travel must be booked and purchased in the UWTravelWIse program, either within Concur or with Fox World Travel.
- Airfare can be purchased with an University procurement card or a personal form of payment, however, reimbursement for personal forms of payment will not occur until after the completion of the trip via e-Reimbursement.
- Lodging can be purchased with an University procurement card or a personal form of payment, however, reimbursement for personal forms of payments will not occur until after the completion of the trip via e-Reimbursement.
- Advance payment of lodging is not allowed unless required; supporting documentation must be submitted in e-Reimbursement.
- Use of internet based lodging ‘brokers’ or third party sites such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Kayak, Priceline, Airbnb, and Hotwire are prohibited and will not be reimbursed.
- Traveler is allowed a daily allowance with deductions of 20% breakfast, 30% lunch, & 50% dinner for provided meals.
- Traveler is allowed 75% of daily allowance on the first & last day of travel when traveler is expected to incur meal expenses.
- Travelers on a day trip (no overnight stay) are limited to a tax reportable day trip allowance of $15 per day when traveler is expected to incur meal expenses. No day trip allowance is paid if a meal is provided on the day trip.
- Any one driving on University sponsored business must be authorized to drive in accordance with Risk Management’s Drivers Authorization Policy.
- Travelers are encouraged to use rental vehicles and must use the university rental contracts with Enterprise and National. Rental vehicle prepaid fuel or refueling packages are non-reimbursable.
Join us for these upcoming training opportunities. These sessions will run approximately one hour. To register, please email Kelly Myrup at email@example.com.
- Wednesday, July 27 at 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday, August 4 at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 18 at 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 24 at 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 31 at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 7 at 9:00 a.m.