Equity & Affirmative Action
... UWL's commitment to fairness in treatment, access, advancement, and achievement for all students, faculty, and staff.
... our strategic effort to identify and eliminate obstacles to the full participation of marginalized groups.
... central to the university's mission.
UWL's Office of Affirmative Action is now Equity & Affirmative Action! This change is intended to better reflect the scope of services and expertise we offer the campus community, and our role in advancing UWL's strategic goals.
UWL Sexual Misconduct Info Page: For the most current information on UWL's efforts to prevent and respond to sexual harassment, sexual assault, and other forms of gender-based discrimination, please go to www.uwlax.edu/sexual-misconduct.
The UWL Policy Against Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, and Retaliation can be viewed here: DiscriminationPolicy.pdf
We provide a variety of services and resources to the UWL community including:
- Coordination of the Equity Liaison Initiative.
- Policies and procedures regarding discrimination, sexual misconduct, and individuals with disabilities.
- Formal and informal conflict resolution resources.
- Annual reports and data tracking the racial, ethnic, and gender diversity of UWL's faculty and staff.
- Recruitment resources to help search and screen committees obtain a diverse pool of applicants and evaluate them in a fair, unbiased manner.
- Professional development and training for faculty, staff, and students on a variety of topics related to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Title IX Coordinator and facilitation of campus response to sexual misconduct.
Our office is a safe and welcoming place for all members of the UWL community seeking advice or assistance. Please contact us if you have questions, comments, or concerns. If we cannot provide the assistance you need, we will help connect you with the person or office that can best help you.