Provost promotion resources
Eligible candidates should carefully review the official promotion guidelines available through the Human Resources website. In addition, the materials below provide additional guidance for successful promotion portfolios.
- Example portfolios - Examples of successful promotion files for both faculty and IAS members.
- Tips from JPC members - The tips at this link have been gleaned from multiple information sessions over the past several semesters.
- Teaching effectiveness measures worksheet - Joint Promotion Committee members use as an aid in reviewing promotion files. The worksheet reflects a spectrum of potential evidence rather than a list of required activities. Also, please see the Teaching Effectiveness Worksheet with Resources.
- Writing about teaching - Materials regarding writing syllabi with learning outcomes, assessment reports, and teaching philosophies.
- Example department PRT letters of support. [ PRT Letter (Docan-Morgan CST)] [PRT Letter (Docktor PHY)]
- Video feeds from promotion workshops: Panel Discussion 1, Panel Discussion 2, Narrative Writing Workshop;