Student Support Services provides individual and comprehensive advising in academic, personal, career, and financial areas.
After your application is accepted, you will be assigned to one of our three advisors. SSS staff will contact you to set up an orientation meeting where you will meet your advisor.
You can find your advisor's name in WINGS.
To be considered as an active participant in the program, you should see your advisor 2-3 times per semester, but you can schedule an appointment as often as you need to.
To schedule an appointment, please call (608.785.8535) or text (608.797.0466) during normal office hours: Monday - Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Orientation to the Student Support Services Program
- Orientation to UW-La Crosse programs and services
- Orientation to WINGS, Office 365 mail and calendar
- Academic, career, personal, and financial advising
- Assistance in course selection to fulfill general education, core, major/minor, and graduation requirements
- Assistance in selection of a career
- Assistance in adjusting to college life
- Review your advisement report in WINGS prior to advising appointments and make a list of potential courses you are considering.
- Review the SSS 4-year advising plans
- Make a list of questions you have for your advisor.
Keep in mind that your SSS advisor is here to help you figure out the intricacies of being a college student. Consider the following:
- Preparing for your appointment and sharing information about your interests, concerns, goals, will only help you.
- Understanding your degree requirements is an integral part of your learning process and asking questions is the best way to learn.
- Your advisor can help with academic problems, give information about campus resources and extracurricular activities and just be someone to talk to - whether you have a question about school, want to celebrate a success, or need help with a problem.