Theatre program entry interview
Any student wishing to enroll as a Theatre Arts major at UW-La Crosse must first interview members of the theatre faculty prior to admission to the program. The interview process offers the prospective student the opportunity to visit the campus, meet theatre students and faculty, attend a production/rehearsal, and share details about their past experiences and future goals. The interview also provides theatre faculty an opportunity to better know each prospective student's theatrical experiences and talents, educational goals, and career expectations.
Program Entry Interview Requirements
Every prospective theatre major must prepare the following materials as part of the interview process:
- Start the UWL Admission Application Process. The interview process and admission application process can occur simultaneously. It is important that you apply to UW-La Crosse as early as possible. Be sure to choose "Theatre" as your major on your application so we can track the progress.
- Proven academic success. Admission to UW-La Crosse is highly competitive; therefore, it is vital that you maintain a strong academic standing during your high school career. If you think you may not meet all of the admission criteria, contact the Department of Theatre Arts to schedule a "petition for talent" audition/interview.
- Schedule a program entry interview. Complete the Theatre Visit Form. For more details, please contact Greg Parmeter at email@example.com or 608.785.6694.
- Important items to bring:
- A current resume.
- Portfolio material (renderings, production photos, prompt books, scenic models, etc.). Be prepared to talk about your work, the choices you made preparing it, and what excited you about it.
- One page personal essay explaining your reason for choosing theatre arts as a college major and your career goals/objectives.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselors/etc. (only required if seeking a "petition for talent" admission).
Program Entry Interview Dates
Friday, October 13, 2017 (Campus Close Up/Theatre Interview Day)
Friday, October 20, 2017 (Campus Close Up/Theatre Interview Day)
Friday, October 27, 2017 (Campus Close Up only)
Friday, November 10, 2017 (Campus Close Up/Theatre Interview Day)
Friday, December 8, 2017 (Theatre Interview Day only)
- Friday, February 2, 2018 (Music Theatre auditions only--contact Mary Leonard to schedule an audition time) (firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-785-6704)
Friday, February 16, 2018 (Campus Close Up/Theatre Interview Day)
Friday, April 27, 2018 (Campus Close Up/Theatre Interview Day)
For More Information
Greg Parmeter, Recruitment Liaison
352 Center for the Arts
1725 State Street
La Crosse, WI 54601