Administrative Deadlines Calendar (Chairs/Deans/ADAs)
- By-Laws Template for all Academic Departments (Faculty Senate Approved)
College of Business Administration Departmental By-Laws
College of Liberal Arts Departmental By-Laws
College of Science and Health Departmental By-Laws
School of Education (Department of Educational Studies) By-Laws
Murphy Library (Library Department) By-Laws
Please contact the Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Sandy Grunwald (email@example.com), early in the process of planning a new program or making substantial changes to existing programs. Also before working on development and approval for a new program, be sure that your department chair and dean are aware of the academic proposal.
- Notice of Intent Proposal Template
- Pre-Authorization Proposal Template
- Authorization to Implement a Degree Proposal Template
Academic programs at UW-La Crosse undergo an Academic Program Review (APR) on a regular cycle as one component of our commitment to academic excellence. Coordinated by the Faculty Senate's Academic Program Review Committee, the review process provides an opportunity for program faculty to reflect on curriculum, assessment, new initiatives, personnel, and support for achieving the goals of the program.
Programs that have external accreditation participate in UWL's APR the year following their accreditation review. Programs without external accreditation participate in the process, which includes an external review, every seven years. Free standing minor programs go through an abbreviated process every seven years.
The Academic Program Review Committee is the governance body responsible for maintaining and updating the procedures and criteria used to review academic programs at UWL. The APR Committee is also responsible for scheduling and conducting, in consultation with the Provost/Vice Chancellor, the audit and review of academic programs.
Academic programs are reviewed according to the Program Review Schedule.
Program Review Process and Timeline:
- for Undergraduate & Graduate Accredited Programs
- for Undergraduate & Graduate non-Accredited Programs
Self-Study Report Guidelines:
Other Pertinent Documents
- Absence request (Deans and Academic Affairs Directors Only. Tutorial Video.)
- Administrative Backfill Policy
- Collaborative Degree Revenue Sharing Policy – 2017
- Determining Years of Service Towards Promotion
- GQA budget and expenditure guidelines
- GQA position justification criteria
- Indirect cost recovery distribution model
- J-term policies and procedures
- Murphy Library and SOE sabbaticals
- Personnel review for faculty with appointments/assignments outside of their departments
- Policy on overload payments for faculty and staff
- Summer school policy and procedure
- Travel pre-authorization for faculty & IAS
Unclassified personnel rules: Link to policy and procedures of the University of Wisconsin System (UWS) and those with further specific definitions to UW-La Crosse (UWL). Chapter 3 pertains to faculty appointments.
Retention at UWL: Description of retention portfolio materials and how to generate them.
Faculty promotion process information: Links to HR promotion resources including schedules, policies, guidelines and forms. This information is process-specific.
NIAS Career Progression Information: Links to HR promotion resources including schedules, policies, guidelines and forms. This information is process-specific.
Faculty and IAS promotion portfolio development resources: Get tips and best practice information for developing your best promotion portfolio.
Digital Measures: Digital Measures is the required portfolio management software. Get links to tutorials, FAQs, and instructions for using e-portfolios.
Self-Service TAI: Links to instructional video on Self-Service TAIs