The photography unit of University Communications documents the UWL story through vibrant, dynamic images that reflect the university's commitment to providing an innovative, high-quality, affordable and accessible education. Our university photographers cover campus, providing photos and images that tell the UWL story.
To view and download UWL photos, go to www.uwlax.edu/photos/. The download password is UWL.
To view and download past photos, go to www.uwlax.edu/photos-archive/.
Priority is given to campus photography required for University Communications, media and public relations, and student recruitment. This includes:
- major university events and celebrations
- notable guest lecturers
- major promotional photos.
Photography services can be provided to colleges, departments and units, subject to availability, for:
- news events
- classroom environments
- academic or campus life activities
- campus architecture
- on- and off-campus locations
Guidelines for photography requests
- Requests must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- Submit by emailing Mike Lieurance
- University Communications reserves the right to prioritize projects in accordance with the above criteria.
- A specific photo date may not be possible due to scheduling conflicts.
University Communications takes official staff and faculty portraits during scheduled studio times throughout the year. These portraits can be used for a variety of purposes - including use as the primary images for employee profile pages at www.uwlax.edu.
For quickest turnaround time, departments should schedule photo appointments with the campus photographer: