Sharepoint overview with a link to existing university Sharepoint sites
SharePoint is a component of the Office 365 suite that offers users the ability to communicate and share information on internal UWL websites created for departments and projects. Think of SharePoint as a tool that allows you to access, share, and manage information from anywhere with any Internet connected device. Individuals and groups with UWL IDs can use SharePoint. SharePoint includes "Web parts" which are different types of applets that can be added to customized your site to meet your needs. Some of the available Web parts include:
- Document libraries - online storage of document files
- Custom list - Web-based spreadsheets
- Tasks list - manager and tracker of project tasks
- Announcements - site announcements that expire
- Links - list of hyperlinks
- Calendar - calendars that can be integrated with your office account
- Discussion board - user feedback forum
For further information or to arrange a consultation to discuss if a SharePoint site might be the tool for you, please contact Eagle Help Desk.
UWL SharePoint existing sites. *UWL credentials are required to log in.