Fall 2020 Onboarding Center

The Human Resources Onboarding Center for student employees will be available for all students who will be engaged for work at UWL.  


Mondays & Tuesdays: 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Wednesdays & Thursdays: 12:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Fridays from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM

Employment eligibility expanding section

To be eligible for employment at UWL, a student must:

  1. be enrolled at UWL at least half-time (6 undergraduate credits; 4.5 graduate credits) during the academic year.
  2. be at least 18 years of age. Individuals 17 or younger must have a work permit on file with Human Resources.
  3. be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the United States. International students must have an unexpired "F" or "J" visa and are eligible only for on-campus UWL funded (Non Work-Study) employment.
Federal Work-Study award expanding section

Federal Work-Study is a need-based aid program, funded by the government, that is awarded to students who have demonstrated financial need. This program is available to citizens or permanent residents of the United States.

Questions about Work-Study should be directed to Financial Aid.

Human Resources onboarding process expanding section

UWL uses an onboarding system which allows employees to easily complete most of their new hire paperwork online. Employees will still be responsible for providing I-9 identity verification documents. Onboarding and I-9 verification must be submitted and received by HR at least 5 business days prior to the beginning of employment to ensure timely processing.

Access online onboarding

Pay day expanding section

Students are paid on the biweekly payroll every other Thursday. See the payroll calendars for more information.

My UW Portal help guides expanding section

Use the following guides to help use the My UW portal:

Direct deposit expanding section

All employees are required to participate in direct deposit. To update your direct deposit account(s), submit a new direct deposit form at least 10 days prior to pay day.

Additional resources

Student employment contacts

Leah Vogt  Profile of Leah Vogt

HRIS Analyst

Specialty areas:

Student Employment, Overloads and Lump Sum Payments, Payroll