Unofficial withdrawal policy

Withdrawal from the university is a matter of major importance. If you are considering withdrawal from school discuss the matter with your faculty adviser, dean and counselors prior to initiating action.

Withdrawal procedures must be fully completed before a withdrawal becomes official.

An unofficial withdrawal will result in recording failing grades in discontinued courses and in encumbering a student records if the following obligations to the university have not bee met: returning books to textbook services and Murphy Library; returning other university supplies and/or equipment issued during preceding periods of regular enrollment; clearing a record through an exit interview in the Financial Aid Office if necessary, and securing a final clearance in the Cashier's Office with respect to any refund(s) which may be due or obligations unfulfilled regarding university fees, housing or food service arrangements or accounts.

Students who received federal financial aid and receive all F's for non-attendance are considered unofficially withdrawn for the semester.

Upon determination of the student's last date of attendance, the Return of Title IV funds will apply.

If the institution is required to send money back to the federal programs the student may have institutional charges for the term.

If the student is required to pay back money to the federal programs they will not be eligible to receive additional federal Title IV financial aid until the federal aid has been paid back.

Note: *Title IV financial aid includes the following programs: Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan, Federal Direct Subsidized Loan, Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Direct PLUS Loan, Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Grant, and the Talent Incentive Grant.

See the Records & Registration Office's Academic Policies & Start-Up Information page for more information.

Policy and Procedures for Military Call-Up

Tuition Refund Schedules

Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy