Current Academic Year Refund Schedule
- All financial aid proceeds are applied first to the student’s university bill.
- If there are funds left over after the bill is paid in full, a refund is created.
- UWL partners with Nelnet Business Solutions to process all student refunds, so students must enroll with Nelnet and set up a refund profile in order to have their refunds processed.
- Refunds are done by direct deposit to any bank account of the student's choosing.
- To register with Nelnet
- Log into your WINGS account
- Go to the Finances section
- Click on "Student Choice Refund" link
- Fill out the required information and enter your bank account information
If a parent borrowed a Federal Parent PLUS loan on their student's behalf, they indicated on the Parent PLUS Loan application whether the student should receive any refund or if the refund should be processed as a paper check and mailed to the parent.