Intramural Sports Officials are responsible for presiding over Intramural contests, enforcing rules, and ensuring participant safety during all Intramural-related activities. Officials report to their assigned Intramural Supervisor for each night they work and are organized overall by the Intramural Sports Coordinator.
- Arrive on time in appropriate attire
- Serve as a customer service liaison for participants
- Assist with equipment set up and take down at the site of competition
- Assist Intramural Supervisors with checking participants in at the site of competition
- Responsible for contest oversight and game control, including players and spectators
- Enforce all established activity rules during contests
- Monitor and enforce established sportsmanship guidelines
- Ensure proper use of all program-issued equipment
- Properly mediate disputes, rule interpretations, and conflict
- Participate in officials evaluations
- Attend all pre-season training clinics and in-season development sessions
Who Should Apply:
Students from all majors are encouraged to apply. This position provides numerous opportunities to gain skills that are beneficial in a variety of professions.
Time Commitment and Pay:
Officials receive an average of 6-10 scheduled hours per week, with the option to pick up additional shifts/hours. Intramural contests are scheduled Sunday thru Thursday evenings/nights. Starting pay: $8.00/hour.
Officials need no prior experience. Our staff of WIAA-certified clinicians will train you! All interested applicants must attend all sport-specific training clinics prior to each season starting.
The Recreational Sports Department is a learning laboratory where students have the opportunity to compliment academic pursuits with quality hands-on work experience and on-the-job training.
Matt Schneider, Intramural Sports Coordinator
608.785.5221 - email@example.com