Student Org Resources

A page within University Centers

What is MyOrgs?

UWL has over 200 student organizations for you to get involved with. MyOrgs is the virtual hub for all organizations on campus. Through MyOrgs, you can find organizations to join, create or attend events, and track your involvement! To check out the complete list of organizations we offer, check out MyOrgs today! 

Click To Explore MyOrgs!

UWL MyOrgs Logo

Student Org Info

Organization Guides

Financial Information

Student Faculty Organization (SFO) - Student orgs must bank their org funds in a University on-campus bank account through Business Services

Learn about how to open an SFO account, deposits, check requests, and more on the SFO webpage.


Questions regarding your SFO Bank Account - Contact

If you are an officer, student member, or adviser handling cash, you must complete this training. 

Click here to complete the training.

Cash boxes are commonly used for fundraising. If you need a cash box, work
with the University Centers Financial Specialist, Tricia Aleckson.

Please note, you will need to visit the University Centers Suite (3200 Student Union) to complete the necessary paper forms for a cash box request.

Publicity, Promotions, & Marketing

The UW La Crosse Publicity Guidelines have been developed by the Student Organizations Committee and approved through the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Student Association. These guidelines are an administrative function of University Centers.

The Registered bulletin boards on campus are provided for publicity of University Groups sponsoring campus events, activities, and education. General Use boards are provided for general publicity of interest to the university population. Please see the updated list provided- Bulletin Board 2021.pdf 

All Registered Student Organizations must have their flyers stamped by the COVE Graphics Garage before displaying on the Registered Bulletin Boards around Campus. Please submit your flyers to to have a digital stamp applied to your flyer. Any flyers that have not been registered with the digital stamp will not be permitted to be hung on the bulletin boards. Any flyers that are hung without being registered will be removed. 

Info that MUST be included on the Flyer:

  1.          Sponsoring Organization Name
  2.          Date of Event
  3.          Time of Event
  4.          Location of Event
  5.          Email or contact information for questions
  6.          Event that is taking place

If you are not a Registered Student Organization on Campus and are not affiliated with UWL please use the General Use Boards ONLY. No flyers of any size should be left on tables, backs of chairs, walls, mirrors etc. throughout the University. Flyers are only permitted on Designated Bulletin Boards. Please see the Campus Publicity Guidelines for rules and regulations and the Bulletin Board List. 

 For any questions contact the Cove Graphics Garage!

Click here to submit a digital sign


  • Student Organizations digital signs will not be approved unless your event is posted on MyOrgs.
  • Slides must be submitted two weeks before the date of your event. No Exceptions.
  • Publicity advertisements can be in the form of an individual PowerPoint slide formatted for 20" width x 11.25" height in the page setup and must be saved as a JPEG or PNG file.
  • If using another graphics software program to create your slide, send it in the horizontal (landscape) format, 20" width x 11.25" height with a minimum 150 dpi resolution as a JPEG or PNG file.
  • The slide can remain in the rotation for 7-10 days depending on demand.

Four main components to include:

  1. A compelling photo and/or image
  2. Who, what, when, where, and cost
  3. Event description (15 words or fewer)
  4. Program or department name with contact info and web address/sponsor(s) name

Questions about digital signs campus wide should be directed to Jake Speer with University Communications

Questions about digital signs for Organizations should be directed to Jamie Henk with The COVE Graphics Garage. 

T-shirts, Apparel, Swag Request - Artwork Approval Form

  • This form must be completed via MyOrgs and submitted with a digital copy of the final artwork design prior to printing any type of merchandise or product.
  • Approval may take 1-2 days.
  • If you have any questions, please contact Karen Daniel (

All artwork, UWL logos, seals, names, symbols, and slogans associated with UWL are trademarks and are the exclusive property of UWL. Reproduction of these marks for resale, or other commercial purposes, must have University authorization by completing the form. 

Vinyl banner requests and space must be made using the online Banner Request Form.

  • Must be submitted at least 21 days prior to date needed. 
  • Letters and banner will be provided by The COVE
  • May not be longer than 5-1/2 feet. 
  • Cannot be displayed for more than seven days. Banners must be removed by the sponsoring organization within 24 hours after an event.
  • May be taken to The COVE Administration Desk, 2200 Student Union, for recycling if the organization does not want to keep them.

Registered student organizations have the ability to promote their involvement opportunities and activities by painting windows in the Student Union. The windows are located near Einstein Bros. Bagels, close to the southwest entrance. Student organizations are expected to follow the reservation process, painting time allotment, and cleaning procedure, as well as provide their own supplies. This information  can be found in the reservation form linked below.

Reservations are submitted to COVE staff through this form. Due to limited availability for windows, reserving windows must be done at least 2 weeks prior to the painting period and is completed on a first-come, first-served basis. Windows can be reserved on a weekly basis starting on a Monday and to be cleaned no later than the close of building the following Sunday. 

Student Organizations: Email to Primary Contacts

Who can request to send an email to Primary Contacts?

If your organization is hosting an event, a fundraiser, needs volunteers, etc. and wants to get the information out to other Student Organizations, you can request to send an email to the Primary Contacts!

What to include in the email:

  • Who is hosting the event, where it is taking place, when it is taking place.
  • What is the most important information you want the reader to see?
    • Most readers skim emails.
    • Format the email to be easy and quick to read.
  • If someone has a question about the event, who should they contact?
  • We prefer not to send attachments - please use links to documents upload on their MyOrgs website or through SharePoint.
  • Proper grammar and spelling mistakes: please proofread.

Submitting your request:

  • Submit the request for the email 10 days before the event/submission date.
  • Please include your first and last name, organization/department you are submitting the email on behalf of, what event it is for, and what date you would like the email to be sent out on.
    • Please note: UC does not send mass emails on a Monday or Friday. Please plan accordingly.
  • UC is only able to send mass emails out to all Primary Contacts.
    • UC is unable to send mass emails to all students or advisers.
  • The person working on the email will be BCC’d when UC sends out the email.
  • Submit final copy of email text to The COVE. If you have any questions, please contact us at

Storage Cage Information

Limited Storage Cage space is available through University Centers. The purpose of a Storage Cage is to provide convenient, on-campus storage for student organization items so organizations do not need to seek off-campus storage. Cages are available in 3 sizes: 3ft wide x 3ft deep x 4ft tall (small), 3ft wide x 3ft deep x 8ft tall (medium), and 3ft wide x 6ft deep x 8ft tall (large). The majority of available Cages are medium size. Storage Cages are located on the lower level of the Student Union and are accessible whenever the building is open. Storage area is available with card access.

Review the policy for the storage space.

Request storage space.

Storage Cage Room Access Updates 

At the beginning of each semester, the Primary Contact/President must complete an online form updating Organization Members who have access to the Storage Cage room, as well as updating any other contact information and agreeing to terms of usage. If this form is not completed by the deadline, the Organization will lose its Storage Cage.

Submit updates to storage cage room access.

Meeting & Event Planning

To create an event:

  1. Sign in to MyOrgs using your UWL login information
  2. Click the Student Organization you would like to make the event for
  3. Select "Manage Organization" in the top right of your screen
  4. Click the menu in the top left of the screen (next to your Organization's name)
  5. Select "Events"
  6. Click "+Create Event" in the top right screen
  7. Complete and submit the form for your event so be reviewed

Please note submitting a form does not mean your event has been approved. You will received notification from MyOrgs upon approval or if there are any questions on your event. 

If you have any questions, contact The COVE ( 

University Reservations is the one stop shop to secure spaces to make your Student Organization adventures a reality.  Are you looking to reserve a space for one time or repeated use?  Looking to promote your Student Organization by tabling in the specified locations on campus?  Are you hosting an outdoor event and want to make sure the sprinklers won't go off in the middle of your event?  This is the place and these are the people to help.

Are you planning an event? Use the University Centers event planning guide for assistance.

Fundraiser registration forms must now be completed in the Event Submission Form on MyOrgs, please click on Events > Create Event under your action tools. The fundraising portion must be approved prior to advertising for your event.
Cash Box
Submit your event using the Event Submission Form on MyOrgs, and visit University Centers (3200 Student Union) to complete the necessary forms for a cash box request.
Event Funding Assistance Committee

The Event Funding Assistance Committee makes allocations from three different funds to assist student organizations, university departments/organizations, and student initiatives for academic courses to fund programs that they are unable to fund themselves. These funds include:

Pepsi Marketing Fund
Dining Services Account

The Criteria for Funding, and the Process for Requesting Funding

Request for Donations Form

Thinking about showing a movie? There are important copyright issues that you need to be aware of. Please read the copyright information for what you need to know about the public performance of movies. For assistance in the copyright process, please fill out this form. Submission of this form does not mean that you have obtained copyright approval. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact Jacob Hart

Would your organization like to record attendance at your event?  Use one of our Student ID Readers to help you! Click here to request a Student ID Reader.

Create a New Org

Step 1: Check out MyOrgs and make sure there isn't already an existing organization that similarly aligns with what you are looking to start.

Step 2: Complete the New Organization Registration on MyOrgs.


Please note that this process can take up to 4-6 weeks from the time all of the paperwork is submitted, as all packets must go through the Student Organization's Committee, a sub-committee of the UWL Student Association. If you have any questions, please contact The COVE (