Admission to SOE
School of Education, Professional & Continuing Education
All students must be admitted to Teacher Education in order to enroll in professional education courses. Meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission into the Teacher Education Programs. Limited availability of resources impacts the number of students admitted. For more information, please refer to UWL Catalog book.
Application Forms and Guidelines
- Department of Educational Studies (DES)
- Under "Admission Requirements" on the menu. Select program from expanded list.
- Admission Information
- Secondary Teacher Education Program (STEP)
- Physical Education Teacher Education (PETE)
- Adapted Physical Education (APE)
- School Health Education (SHE)
Retention in Program(s)
After admission, any candidate not meeting the program requirements will be referred to the Teacher Candidate Progress Review committee. The referral process may lead to the candidate's removal from the teacher education program(s).